Tuesday

Regrets

Everyone has regrets about certain things that they should have done one point or another in their lives. Although the reason for not doing something may vary, the regret is always agonizing. In the article Anxiety: Challenge by another Name, the reason why the person didn’t do things that he wanted was because he was afraid of change.

When deciding what college I was going to attend, I had the opportunity to go to Boston University. I always like that area, and dreamed of going to that school. There are several different reasons why I didn’t go. First is because of the amount of money that the school cost, and the amount of money they offered me. If I was going to go there, I had to be sure that that was what I wanted because I would be paying it off for a very long time. The second reason why I didn’t go was because of the distance it is away from home. Although I really wanted to go away because I feel like its time for me to spend some time away from home, I didn’t know how I felt being away from my family for such long periods of time, especially because I have a newborn nephew. Also, I wasn’t sure how I would adjust to the new environment and the people.

Now that I’ve started here at St. John’s University, there is some sense of regret tht I didn’t take the opportunity to go to Boston. It’s not that I don’t like St. John’s, but it’s the thought that I didn’t follow my dream of going to Boston. I sometimes wish I would have taken advantage of going away to school, and thing I may do it in the future.

No comments: